Tuesday, May 11, 2010

From the day we arrive on the planet

I thought I would put up some pictures from my safari to Masai Mara. It was a pretty amazing trip with gorgeous views, meeting a lot of interesting new people, and of course getting to witness the "Circle of Life" firsthand. As corny as it sounds, I had the Lion King soundtrack running on my ipod which provided the perfect auditory backdrop to the beautiful visuals.

video of the tent we stayed in. I was pretty happy about the fact that we had western style toilets and a shower

picture of the African plains

we saw many elephants on our trips, including a lot of baby ones!

wasted potential - fastest but also laziest animals ever

one of my favorite pictures on the trip - we were lucky to see a rainbow after the rain

You can view more of the pictures of the Masai Mara trip by going to my Flickr Album here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50102930@N06/sets/72157623919696649/

3 comments:

  1. I love your pictures. ..!!
    and hearing about your experiences yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. for a shitty cam your pics came out so nice! i'm sure it was 102830283 times more amazing in person. pay for me to go to kenya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how close exactly were you to these animals??

    ReplyDelete